A simple recipe that uses fresh ingredients and is made without the use of an ice cream maker. A simple emulsion blender is all you need ( stick blender). Start this in the morning as it will make the ice cream much more creamy.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup sugar (minus 3 Tablespoons)
- 1 C powdered milk solids (found in the baking aisle)
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 C chopped peanuts
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- In a large metal mixing bowl, combine milk, cream, and sugar. Blend with emulsion blender until sugar is dissolved, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the powdered milk and peanut butter and continue to mix for 5-6 minutes until frothy and slightly thickened.
- Transfer to the freezer and allow to freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove and blend again for 5 minutes.
- Continue this step three more times.
- After mixing it 4 times, cover with plastic wrap by pressing plastic wrap down onto surface of ice cream.
- Place in freezer and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer and add chopped peanuts and salt and mix in with heavy wooden spoon.
- Place in airtight container and freeze until ready to enjoy.