A hearty green winter salad combining fresh shaved Brussels Sprouts, pecans, shaved parmesan, and a heavenly homemade citrus vinaigrette.
- 4 cups shaved Brussels Spouts (we used whole ones, sliced thin with a knife)
- 1 small apple, cored and sliced thin
- 1/4 C pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
- Fresh parmesan cheese (to garnish and top salad).
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp sugar
- Shave sprouts and place in a large mixing bowl
- To make dressing: combine juice of lemon, lime and orange to make 1/2 C and place in a small to medium mixing bowl.
- Chop garlic clove and add to juice along with sugar, salt and pepper to taste. While whisking juice, slowly drizzle olive oil into juice and combine.
- Add half of dressing to sprouts and toss, allow to set for 3-4 minutes.
- Add apples, pecans and pomegranate seeds and toss to combine.
- Serve on large serving platter and top with shaved parmesan cheese and extra dressing if desired,
Keywords: brussels sprouts, greens, salad, apple, pomegranate, shaved, vegetarian, side dish, holiday, winter