A light and simple dish that pairs perfectly with white wine.
- 8 oz pasta (we used orecchiette)
- 6 oz shrimp, raw (peeled and de-veined)
- 4 oz sugar snap peas
- 4 oz fresh green peas
- 1/2 C garlic scapes, diced (or use green onion)
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 C Mer Soleil Silver Unoaked Chardonnay
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- 4 basil Leaves
- Cook Pasta "al dente" (approximately 8 minutes) and drain.
- In a sauté pan, add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Place shrimp in pan and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Turn shrimp over and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove from pan and set aside for later.
- Add sugar peas and garlic scapes to sauté pan and cook for 4 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add remaining Oil and cooked pasta and 1 garlic clove (left whole)
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add white wine, fresh green peas, cooked pasta and shrimp to sauté pan and cook until most of the wine is evaporated (about 3 minutes)
- Remove from heat, then add butter and juice of lemon.
- Stir until butter is melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Transfer to serving plate and grate Parmesan cheese to taste over top.
- Garnish with julienned basil leaves.