A buttery herb glaze makes these shrimp skewers a step above the rest. Throw them on the grill and you'll have a delicious meal in minutes.
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 C chopped cilantro
- *If using wooden skewers, soak in them in warm water for at least 15 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Towel dry the shrimp. Then skewer the shrimp by skewering them in 2 places as this helps keep the shrimp in place while grilling.
- Lay the skewers on a sheet pan that has sides, in a single layer.
- Zest the lime and set aside with the cilantro
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and combine the salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper and brown sugar as well as the juice from the lime.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the skewers with the mixture and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Heat grill to 350°.
- Now add the lime zest and cilantro to the butter mixture.
- Place shrimp on grill and brush with more butter and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, brushing with butter often.
- Remove from grill and brush remaining butter until gone.
- If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak in them in warm water for at least 15 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill.
Keywords: shrimp, grill, grilled, marinade, marinate, barbie, herb, glaze, kabob, butter