The flavors of the tropics come to life in this easy summer meal. Mango and grilled peach chutney top a juicy grilled skirt steak for an unforgettable dish.
- 16 oz skirt steak
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 10-12 pepper corns
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- For the Chutney:
- 1/2 C diced fresh mango
- 1/4 C diced red onion
- 1/2 C chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh peach
- 1 fresh Poblano pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- In a ziplock bag, combine fresh thyme, pepper corns, and jalapeno (pepper cut in fourths), garlic cloves and olive oil.
- Add steak, zip bag, and toss to combine marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- To make chutney:
- Slice peaches. Lightly brush them with olive oil and place them on grill and cook for 2 minutes. Flip slices over and grill another two minutes.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Dice peaches and place in small mixing bowl. Combine them with diced mango, diced onion, diced poblano pepper, and whole garlic cloves and mix.
- Allow to set for 5-10 minutes in refrigerator while you cook steak.
- Grill steak according to desired doneness and allow to set for 5 minutes before cutting.
- To finish chutney, remove garlic cloves and add fresh cilantro and toss.
- Slice steak across the grain at an angle and place on serving plate.
- Top with chutney and enjoy.
Keywords: grilled, grilling, cookout, steak, skirt steak, chutney, fruit, mango, peach, tropical, island