Nothing beats a juicy marinated skirt steak with grilled peach and mango chutney. The tropical flavors remind us of our favorite beach vacations.
These long, hot summer days call for tropical meals, and Keith has created one that I cannot stop thinking about. Inspired by the sweet island flavors of our recent Mexican vacation, Keith prepared this incredible Skirt Steak by marinating it with fresh herbs and topping it with a Grilled Peach and Mango Chutney. One bite and I was instantly transported back to paradise.
In the days since we left Mexico, I have dreamed of the deliciously simple meals made with fresh local fruits, vegetables and grilled meats. I miss the sweet stone fruits, freshly made guacamole, and the enticing smell of the barbecue at dinnertime. Nothing caps off a day at the beach like a flavorful light meal (enjoyed outside), a glass of good wine, and the company of my handsome man. Despite our desire to live like this every day, “real life” has pulled us in a different direction. So Keith’s cooking is often the means by which we can escape to far off places. What a trip this was. The peaches this time of year are finally sweet and juicy, and Keith grilled them to perfection. He combined them with fresh mango and cilantro, and served them over a juicy grilled skirt steak, which instantly reminded me of lunch at the beach. This kind of easy summer meal, served with a good glass of wine and even better company, is what life is all about.
Ready to fire up that grill for more? Try some of our other summer favorites: Chicken Meatball Skewers, Meat Lover’s Bacon Burgers
A fresh grilled steak with the fresh flavors of paradise. A mango and grilled peach chutney complements the marinade of the skirt steak.
- 16 oz skirt steak
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 10–12 pepper corns
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- For the Chutney:
- 1/2 C diced fresh mango
- 1/4 C diced red onion
- 1/2 C chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh peach
- 1 fresh Poblano pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- In a ziplock bag, combine fresh thyme, pepper corns, and jalapeno (pepper cut in fourths), garlic cloves and olive oil.
- Add steak, zip bag, and toss to combine marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- To make chutney:
- Slice peaches. Lightly brush them with olive oil and place them on grill and cook for 2 minutes. Flip slices over and grill another two minutes.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Dice peaches and place in small mixing bowl. Combine them with diced mango, diced onion, diced poblano pepper, and whole garlic cloves and mix.
- Allow to set for 5-10 minutes in refrigerator while you cook steak.
- Grill steak according to desired doneness and allow to set for 5 minutes before cutting.
- To finish chutney, remove garlic cloves and add fresh cilantro and toss.
- Slice steak across the grain at an angle and place on serving plate.
- Top with chutney and enjoy.