This classic dish with a rebellious twist is bold, flavorful and super easy to make.
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 1 tbsp blackening spice
- 6 tomatillos
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 green onions
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 C chopped cilantro
- 2 limes
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut tomatillos in half and green onions in thirds. Place in a bowl with garlic, peppercorns and oil. Toss to coat with oil.
- Transfer to baking sheet along with the cherry tomatoes.
- Roast in oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the veggies are roasting, coat the steak with the blackening spice and grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place 3/4 of the cilantro along with the roasted veggies except for the tomatoes in a food processor and plus 4-5 times. You want it to have some chunks to it.
- Add juice from one lime and salt and stir.
- To slice the steak, find the grain of the meat and cut against it in 1/4 inch strips and place on serving plate.
- Pour sauce down the middle and garnish with tomatoes and remaining cilantro.
- Serve while warm.
A classic dish with a rebellious twist, grilled skirt steak is bold, flavorful and super easy to make.
Keywords: skirt steak, grilling, grilled, tomatillo, chimichurri, cilantro, meat, steak