Step up your mixology game with this hand smoked pineapple rum cocktail! This Pineapple Smoky José will impress even the biggest craft cocktail snobs.
- 2 oz Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 4-5 wood chips
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the rum, juices, 1/2 C ice and spices and shake vigorously to obtain a foamy cocktail.
- Transfer to a wide mouth glass.
- Place a cocktail strainer over top of glass and top with 4-5 wood chips and light wood chips with torch until on fire.
- Immediately place a second glass over top of wood chips and other glass capturing smoke inside glass.
- Wood chips will extinguish and smoke will fill upper glass infusing the cocktail.
- Remove glass when smoke has diminished.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple wedge and leaf of pineapple.
Keywords: rum, pineapple, tropical, summer, smoked, cocktail, fruit, drink, Captain Morgan, spiced, hand smoked, mixology, craft