Meatless Mondays will never be the same! Spaghetti with Meatless Mushroom Ragù is an easy weeknight meal your family will love.
24 oz fresh mushrooms
2 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
3/4 C olive oil (divided)
8-10 fresh basil leaves
2 tsp crushed red pepper
- In a medium stock pot, heat 1/2 C olive oil over medium heat.
- Using a food processor chop mushrooms until they have a rice texture.
- Transfer to pot and cook until dark brown (about 7-10 minutes).
- Chop garlic and add to mushrooms along with crushed tomatoes and crushed red pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add basil leaves roughly chopped and remaining olive oil.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
This is perfect for leftovers and freezes great for future recipes.
Keywords: pasta, mushrooms, sauce, tomato, garlic, Italian, basil, vegetarian, meatless, red, dinner, easy