Spaghetti with Meatless Mushroom Ragù is an easy weeknight meal your family will love.
The start of a new year is a time of new beginnings, optimism, and good intentions. We are definitely the kind of people who indulge in all of the goodness and gluttony that comes with the holidays, so we are ready for a fresh start. Spaghetti with Meatless Mushroom Ragù is our idea of a fantastic meal with a little less guilt. It’s a step in the right direction.Whether you are a full on vegetarian, working on a “meatless Monday” routine, or just trying to consume a little less meat and a lot more vegetables, this dish is for you. Keith has created a simple mushroom ragù that has all of the flavors of our favorite classic variety, but without the meat. Mushrooms are our friend here, as they provide texture and flavor that is satisfying for all kinds of appetites. We like it on classic spaghetti (whole wheat for me), but any pasta will do.Meatless Mushroom Ragù is a simple and delicious weeknight meal for the family. It’s easy to make and freezes well, so we recommend making extra so that you can enjoy it just as much a second time on polenta, fish, or on your favorite flatbread. You’ll never miss the meat.
This recipe was created for our friends at Fresh Up Your Life. All opinions are our own.
Meatless Mondays will never be the same! Spaghetti with Meatless Mushroom Ragù is a easy weeknight meal your family will love (psst...it's vegetarian).
24 oz fresh mushrooms
2 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
3/4 C olive oil (divided)
8-10 fresh basil leaves
2 tsp crushed red pepper
- In a medium stock pot, heat 1/2 C olive oil over medium heat.
- Using a food processor chop mushrooms until they have a rice texture.
- Transfer to pot and cook until dark brown (about 7-10 minutes).
- Chop garlic and add to mushrooms along with crushed tomatoes and crushed red pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add basil leaves roughly chopped and remaining olive oil.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
This is perfect for leftovers and freezes great for future recipes.
Keywords: pasta, mushrooms, sauce, tomato, garlic, Italian, basil, vegetarian, meatless, red, dinner, easy