Ooey Gooey Strawberry Chewy Butter Bars will satisfy your sweet tooth.. and then some! This rich & indulgent dessert is one you have to try!
- 1 C AP flour
- 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C cold butter
- 2/3 C softened butter
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C AP flour
- 2/3 C half & half
- 4 C sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 10 mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13" x 9" baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the 1 C AP flour, 1/2 C whole wheat flour and sugar and then cut in the cold butter using a pastry cutter or two knives (the mixture will be a crumb consistency).
- Pour into paper lined pan and press into bottom to make crust. Set aside
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter using a hand mixer. Gradually mix in the 1 C sugar and corn syrup.
- Add egg and both extracts and mix until combined.
- Alternately add the flour and half & half just until combined.
- Pour over crust and spread evenly using rubber spatula.
- Place in oven and bake about 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and then remove paper and bars from pan and cut into squares.
- In a separate bowl combine berries and honey along with 3-4 mint leaves chopped finely.
- Spoon berry mixture over bars and enjoy.
Keywords: strawberry, strawberries, dessert, sweet, butter, bar, kid-friendly