- 2 C AP flour (divided)
- 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 C sugar (divided)
- 1/2 C cold butter
- 2/3 C softened butter
- 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 C half & half
- 4 C sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 10 mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13" x 9" baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the 1 C AP flour, 1/2 C whole wheat flour and 1/4 C sugar and then cut in the cold butter using a pastry cutter or two knives (the mixture will be a crumb consistency).
- Pour into paper lined pan and press into bottom to make crust. Set aside
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter using a hand mixer. Gradually mix in the 1 C sugar and corn syrup.
- Add egg and both extracts and mix until combined.
- Alternately add 1 C flour and the half & half just until combined.
- Pour over crust and spread evenly using rubber spatula.
- Place in oven and bake about 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and then remove paper and bars from pan and cut into squares.
- In a separate bowl combine berries, ginger and honey along with 3-4 mint leaves chopped finely.
- Spoon berry mixture over bars and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 12.5 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.6 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 32 mg
Keywords: strawberry, strawberries, dessert, sweet, butter, bar, kid-friendly