Make breakfast fun with Stuffed Portobellow Mushroom Caps! This healthy, flavorful dish, made with scrambled eggs, veggies and ham, is a brunch favorite.
- 6 oz Farm Promise® Breakfast Uncured Ham Slices
- 3 portabello caps
- 4 medium eggs
- ¼ C diced green peppers
- ¼ C roasted red peppers
- ¼ C onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp chives, diced
- ½ C shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Pop stem out of mushroom cap. Using a spoon, remove the gills of the mushroom.
- Place caps in a medium bowl and add olive oil. Toss caps to coat with oil.
- Place on baking sheet and place in oven for 3-4 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are in the oven, start by dicing ham into bite size pieces.
- Using a medium sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat and add ham, peppers and onions.
- Crack eggs and whisk in a medium bowl and then add to pan. Turn heat to medium low and allow eggs to cook slowly while pulling eggs away from side of pan with a spatula. Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are still soft.
- Mix in cheddar cheese and chives and divide and transfer eggs to mushroom caps. Place back in oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, ham, farm promise, egg, portobello, mushroom