Stuffed Breakfast Portobello Mushroom Caps are a fun and healthy dish that makes breakfast fun again, thanks to Farm Promise.
Breakfast is a meal that Jackie and I love. While the standard fare of eggs, bacon and toast are good standbys, they do become somewhat boring. Traditional is not what we are about at superman cooks. I know that most people get tired of the same old breakfast offerings, and these Stuffed Breakfast Portobello Mushroom Caps are my way to add a healthy bit of pizazz to that boring breakfast routine.
Jackie believes that the first meal of the day should ALWAYS be breakfast, no matter what time of day it is. She likes to start her day healthy, with homemade granola, fruit or yogurt. On the weekends, she likes eggs and toast. I, on the other hand, am not that particular. I can eat dinner for breakfast or breakfast for dinner, depending on what is in the fridge. The great thing about this recipe is that it satisfies both of us. It’s a healthy, good-for-you breakfast, but it is just as good for lunch or dinner when rounded out with a simple salad or fruit cup.
These Portobellos are stuffed with all kinds of goodness, but the star ingredient is Farm Promise® Breakfast Uncured Ham Slices. Farm Promise® pork doesn’t just taste great. It has no antibiotics ever. Their local Pennsylvania family farmers are committed to the health and welfare of their animals, raising them on a high quality, vegetarian diet. This takes the worry out of shopping, putting better food within reach at a price that does not break the bank.
This dish not only looks good. It has an earthy taste that I think satisfies any appetite at any time of the day. This is one great meal that we believe makes breakfast (or any meal!) fun again. Best of all, it is something we feel good about serving to our family.
This post is sponsored by our friends at Farm Promise. Good comes from good.
- 6 oz Farm Promise® Breakfast Uncured Ham Slices
- 3 portabello caps
- 4 medium eggs
- ¼ C diced green peppers
- ¼ C roasted red peppers
- ¼ C onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp chives, diced
- ½ C shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Pop stem out of mushroom cap. Using a spoon, remove the gills of the mushroom.
- Place caps in a medium bowl and add olive oil. Toss caps to coat with oil.
- Place on baking sheet and place in oven for 3-4 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are in the oven, start by dicing ham into bite size pieces.
- Using a medium sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat and add ham, peppers and onions.
- Crack eggs and whisk in a medium bowl and then add to pan. Turn heat to medium low and allow eggs to cook slowly while pulling eggs away from side of pan with a spatula. Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are still soft.
- Mix in cheddar cheese and chives and divide and transfer eggs to mushroom caps. Place back in oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 mushroom
- Calories: 439
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 1711 mg
- Fat: 34.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5 g
- Protein: 25.6 g
- Cholesterol: 330.5 mg
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, ham, farm promise, egg, portobello, mushroom