Deliciously moist and so easy to make, Sweet Potato Pound Cake is sure to be the life of any holiday party. It's a great alternative to pumpkin pie.
1 cup unsalted butter softened
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups sweetpotatoes cooked and mashed
3 cups self-rising flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350° Cream butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add sweetpotatoes and mix well.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine flour and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually add sweetpotato mixture to flour mixture while beating.
- Stir in coconut. Spoon batter into a well greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes and then invert pan to remove cake.
- Dust with optional powdered sugar.
Keywords: cake, sweet potato, potato, pound cake, fall, autumn, holiday, dessert