A warm sweet and nutty potato tart that is a great side dish for your holiday table.
- 1 10 inch prepared pie crust
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 C heavy cream (may have to adjust amount)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C shredded asiago cheese
- 1/4 C chopped pecans
- 4–5 sage leaves
- Place pie crust into pie pan or tart shell.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a mandolin, slice sweet potatoes 1/16″ thin and layer in bottom of pie shell in a single layer.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the potatoes
- Place another layer of potatoes on top in single layer and continue untill you reach the top of the shell.
- In a mixing bowl, combine heavy cream, egg, brown sugar and cinnamon and blend until well mixed.
- Pour mixture over potatoes and allow to settle for about 5 minutes (fill back in with more mixture until it reaches the top of the shell).
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 30-40 minutes until the top starts to brown.
- Top with chopped pecans and chopped sage and bake until golden brown (about 10 more minutes)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.