A simple pasta recipe with earthy flavor that is light and beautiful.
- 8 oz tagliatelle pasta
- 8 oz assorted mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 Tsp chicken base
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 Tbsp white truffle oil
- 1/2 Tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- While the pasta is cooking, place olive oil and chopped garlic in large sauté pan and cook over low heat. Meanwhile, slice half of the mushrooms into fairy fine slices (do not chop).
- Add these mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Slice remaining mushrooms into 1/8 in slices and then add to pan, along with 1/2 the chopped chives, crushed red pepper and chicken base.
- When pasta is done, use tongs and remove from water. Add to sauté pan, making sure you use about 1/2 C of the water from the pasta to add to sauté pan as well..
- Add butter and cook until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add juice of lemon and truffle oil and toss in remaining chives.
- Serve warm and garnish with lemon zest and parmesan cheese (optional)