Tagliatelle with Mushroom & Truffle Ragù is a simple, earthy flavored pasta recipe, best served with a glass of Mer Soleil Pinot Noir.Jackie and I love to enjoy a great glass of wine with dinner. I am often asked: how do you decide what wine to drink with what foods? The more I appreciate a good glass of wine, the more I discover the answer to the answer to that question. When our friends at Mer Soleil sent us some of their newly released 2017 Pinot Noir, it was instantly apparent to me that this versatile red pairs well with a lot of things. Ultimately, I chose to make a Tagliatelle with Mushroom & Truffle Ragù.
I confess that I used to only be a white wine drinker. I used to lean on Jackie, a self-proclaimed lover of red, to help me when it came to choosing reds and pairing them with food. I am happy to say that I am finally learning to appreciate the beauty of Pinot Noir, and this vintage makes it easy to understand why. The complex, subtle flavors of cherry cobbler and cola notes pair perfectly with the earthiness of the mushroom medley I used in this dish. I think this pasta recipe balances the texture of the wine, and the peppery and rich flavors sit well on the palate.This Pinot Noir, in my opinion, is definitely suited for a white wine drinker that never thought of trying red. It is equally satisfying for a Pinot connoisseur. Served with this Tagliatelle with Mushroom & Truffle Ragù, we think we have created a match made in heaven.This post is sponsored by our friends at Mer Soleil. All opinions are our own.
You can purchase Mer Soleil 2017 Pinot Noir here.
A simple pasta recipe with earthy flavor that is light and beautiful.
- 8 oz tagliatelle pasta
- 8 oz assorted mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 Tsp chicken base
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 Tbsp white truffle oil
- 1/2 Tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- While the pasta is cooking, place olive oil and chopped garlic in large sauté pan and cook over low heat. Meanwhile, slice half of the mushrooms into fairy fine slices (do not chop).
- Add these mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Slice remaining mushrooms into 1/8 in slices and then add to pan, along with 1/2 the chopped chives, crushed red pepper and chicken base.
- When pasta is done, use tongs and remove from water. Add to sauté pan, making sure you use about 1/2 C of the water from the pasta to add to sauté pan as well..
- Add butter and cook until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add juice of lemon and truffle oil and toss in remaining chives.
- Serve warm and garnish with lemon zest and parmesan cheese (optional)