Looking for a hearty vegetarian soup that is satisfying and simple? Tortellini e Fagioli Soup is a comforting bowl of goodness on a cold day.
- 1 C diced carrot
- 1 C diced celery
- 1 C diced onion
- 1 C small broccoli florets
- 1 C spinach
- 1 C canned cannellini beans (drained)
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 tbsp chicken base (use vegetarian chicken base to make vegetarian)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 32 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 10-12 basil leaves
- 1/4 C oil
- Heat oil in a large stock pot and add carrots, celery, onions and chicken base.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until vegetables are fork tender
- Add chopped garlic, italian seasoning, and crushed tomatoes. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add 1 C of water and tortellini and cook for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. Add more water if necessary.
- Add remaining beans, spinach, fresh tomatoes and broccoli and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add fresh chopped basil.
Keywords: soup, tortellini, tomato, bean, fagioli, Italian, comfort food, vegetable, vegetarian, stew