FOR THE BURGER:
- 12 oz ground beef
- 8 ounce mushrooms (we used crimini)
- 1 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/2 C Chili sauce
- 1/4 C Gojuchang paste
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder.
- Start by chopping mushrooms (by hand or in a food processor) until they resemble the size of rice.
- Pour mushroom mix over ground beef along with chopped garlic and bagel seasoning. Mix together, trying to work beef as little as possible.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and set in refrigerator until ready to cook.
- To make the sauce, simply combine all ingredients in small saucepan and cook over medium low heat for 10-15 minutes and then allow to cool.
- The burgers can be cooked either in skillet, on the stove, or on a char-grill.
- Cook burgers for 4-5 minutes on one side and flip burger and cook an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow burger to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- To build the burger, place some of the sauce on the bottom of the hamburger buns, add your burger and your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Burgers & Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 oz burger
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 106.3 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6 g
- Protein: 29.1 g
- Cholesterol: 67.8 mg
Keywords: burger, mushroom, umami, alternative, tender, grill, grilling, cookout, meat