Veggie Potstickers are little bites of happiness that the whole family can enjoy. They are easy to make at home with fresh vegetables and a few ingredients.
- For the Filling:
- 1 C Napa cabbage (chopped)
- 1 C Red cabbage (chopped)
- 1/4 C Chopped mushroom
- 1/4 C Finely chopped Red Pepper
- 1/4 C Finely chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 20 5 inch wonton wrappers
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 C sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 2 Tsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tsp sesame seeds
- Heat oil in medium skillet and add all ingredients for the filling. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Allow to cool while preparing sauce:
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the sauce and stir to combine.
- Once vegetable mixture has cooled, it is time to stuff wonton wrappers.
- Use about 1 Tbsp of mix and place in middle of wonton wrapper and dip your finger in water and run it along the outside edge of the wrap and fold over to seal the dumpling.
- Continue until all dumplings have been made.
- To cook from this state:
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in large sauté pan and place 6-8 dumplings in pan over medium high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping once in the process.
- Grab a lid that will fit tightly over pan and add 2 tbsp water. Cover and reduce heat to medium and allow dumplings to steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place on serving plate.
- Use sauce to drizzle over and dip dumplings in.
- Dumplings can be frozen for up to a month.
- To cook from frozen: use the same method, however cook in oil for 4-6 minutes then add water, cover and cook 6-8 minutes.
Keywords: potsticker, dumpling, Asian, Chinese, vegetarian, veggie, vegetable, cabbage