Pickled veggies and a Vietnamese style sauce make these Fish Tostadas a step above the rest. This light & healthy meal is bursting with color & flavor.
12 oz fresh cod
6 6in corn tortillas
1/2 C Cotija cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1 C radishes, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 C cider vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
3 garlic cloves
2 C water
1/2 C mayo
1 pinch crossed red pepper flakes
1/4 C chili sauce
Prepare Pickled Vegetables at least 30 minutes or up to a day in advance:
- Peel and shred carrots and place in a heat resistant jar (one you can cover and refrigerate).
- Place onions in a jar as well as radishes
- Boil water. Add sugar, garlic. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Add vinegar and pour over veggies until covered, making sure 1 garlic clove makes it into each jar.
- Cover veggies and allow to refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- combine mayo, chili sauce and red pepper flakes
- allow to rest while preparing fish.
Make Fish Tostadas:
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Salt and pepper cod and place in skillet. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip fish and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to plate. Squeeze juice from 1 lime over fish.
- Heat tortillas over open flame on stove or on grill turning often so as not to burn. Heat for 30 seconds each.
- To assemble, spread the mayo mixture on the tortilla and add your choice of pickled veggies. Cut the fish into 6 equal portions and add then top with Cotija cheese and cilantro along with a lime wedge.
- Continue with remaining tortillas. Serve while warm.
Keywords: fish, tacos, tostadas, cod, Vietnamese, Mer Soleil, chardonnay, Mexican, summer, light, healthy, pescatarian