An easy recipe to add complex flavor to any vegetable, Asparagus with Balsamic Reduction is an elevated side dish for a special meal or weeknight dinner.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 1/2 C balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch black pepper
- pinch of orange zest
- Heat vinegar in medium sauce pan over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add rosemary, sugar, and black pepper and heat for 10 more minutes over medium heat.
- Add orange zest and cook until mixture reduces to about half ( about 15 minutes )
- Cut rough end off asparagus and steam (covered) in large sauté pan with 1/4 C water until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Remove asparagus from pan and place on plate. Drizzle balsamic glaze over and enjoy.
Keywords: asparagus, vegetable, vegetarian, balsamic, vinegar, side dish, easy, reduction, simple