Make this cult favorite New York pizza at home! The perfect combination of spicy & sweet, this pie combines sopressata, chili oil, and a drizzle of honey.
- 1 16" pizza crust (find the recipe for homemade pizza dough in our Pierogi Pizza post, or cut some time by using a store bought dough).
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 26 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 6-8 basil leaves
FOR THE PIZZA:
- 4 oz soppressata, sliced
- 4 oz chopped and cooked sausage
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chil- infused oil
To make the sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, add 1/4 C olive oil, crushed garlic, and tomatoes. Cover with a lid and heat over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and remove lid.
- This sauce will be enough for 2-3 pizzas. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
To make the pizza:
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface and place on a pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Top with a cup or so of sauce and cover pizza with sausage, soppressata and cheese and place in oven for 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with honey, chili oil and torn basil leaves.
Keywords: pizza, bee sting, honey, soppressata, brooklyn, Roberta's, homemade, crust, New York, pie, stone, recipe