A recipe that can be used as an appetizer or entrée served with a light salad. We use fresh and light ingredients to bring out all the flavors in this dish.
- 4 5×5 flat breads ( pizza crust, or puff pastry works well also)
- 1 C ricotta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6–7 leaves of fresh basil
- 1 lemon
- 2 C assorted tomatoes sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- In a mixing bowl combine ricotta, juice from one lemon, zest from lemon, and 3 leaves of diced fresh basil.
- Lay flat bread on parchment lined baking pan and cover with cheese mixture spreading a layer 1/4 in thick.
- Slice tomatoes 1/4 inch thick and layer on top of cheese. Using different colors and varieties helps with the presentation.
- Finely dice garlic and sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Place in oven for 12-15 minutes until dough is brown
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with coarse salt and cracked pepper.
- Sprinkle with snipped fresh basil and enjoy