- 2-6 oz Chairman’s Reserve Platinum® Angus beef filets
- 8 oz lump crab meat
- 4 oz butter
- 1/4 C white wine
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice from 1 lemon (approx. 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp black pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 oz Fresh Tarragon
- Prepare steaks by sprinkling salt on all sides of steak and allow to set.
- Heat grill to 400°.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add 2 garlic cloves to butter and then using a pastry brush brush both sides of steak with the garlic butter.
- Turn off heat and add white wine along with lemon juice.
- Remove tarragon leaves from stems and coarsely chop and add them to butter mixture.
- Place steaks on grill and cook to desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and place on a plate and cover with foil.
- To assemble, remove steak from foil and place on serving dish.
- In a small bowl place crab meat along with 3 tbsp butter wine mixture and lightly toss to mix.
- Using a biscuit mold, top steaks equally with crab mixture.
- Spoon remaining butter mixture over steaks and crab.
- Garnish with fresh tarragon and serve with your favorite side dish.
- SEASON & REFRIGERATE: season the meat with salt, and allow the seasoning to "soak in" for at least 5 minutes before grilling. This gives the meat time to absorb the flavor.
- CLEAN THE GRILL GRATES: make sure grill grates are clean before cooking steak.
- USE A HOT GRILL: make sure the grill is hot before placing steaks on it (otherwise meat will stick to the grates)
- GET GOOD GRILL MARKS: grill steaks for at least 3 minutes on each side. Be sure not to touch the steak.
- LET IT REST: make sure to let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes after grilling before cutting. Resting allows the juices to settle, and ensures a juicy bite!
- FREEZING MEAT: Ideally, you should grill steaks within a few days of purchase for optimum flavor. You can filets for up to 4 months in an airtight wrapper.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 2 portions
- Calories: 810
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 1720.4 mg
- Fat: 58.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.6 g
- Protein: 62 g
- Cholesterol: 341 mg