A garden-fresh pasta dish that is light and packed with summer flavors.
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta
- 20-25 cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 banana peppers (we used half mild and half hot)
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 C fresh grated romano cheese
- 1 tbsp black pepper corns
- 10-12 basil leaves
- Boil pasta according to directions on package
- In a large sauté pan, add half the olive oil and garlic cloves over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes (cut in half) along with banana peppers sliced into 1/8 inch rings.
- Cook until pasta is done. When draining pasta, reserve 1/2 C of the pasta water for later.
- Add pasta directly to pan and toss into tomatoes and peppers.
- Add butter, pasta water and cracked pepper corns and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes tossing frequently.
- Remove from heat and toss in cheese and torn basil leaves.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil and serve.