- 1 lb pappardelle pasta
- 20-25 cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 banana peppers (we used half mild and half hot)
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 C fresh grated romano cheese
- 1 tbsp black pepper corns
- 10-12 basil leaves
- Boil pasta according to directions on package
- In a large sauté pan, add half the olive oil and garlic cloves over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes (cut in half) along with banana peppers sliced into 1/8 inch rings.
- Cook until pasta is done. When draining pasta, reserve 1/2 C of the pasta water for later.
- Add pasta directly to pan and toss into tomatoes and peppers.
- Add butter, pasta water and cracked pepper corns and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes tossing frequently.
- Remove from heat and toss in cheese and torn basil leaves.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil and serve.
Looking to add protein? Try adding our Quick & Easy Homemade Meatballs or grilled chicken or shrimp for a more hearty meal.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Entrée
- Cuisine: Italian-American
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 878
- Sugar: 20.4 g
- Sodium: 701.2 mg
- Fat: 41.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 99.4 g
- Protein: 33.6 g
- Cholesterol: 71.7 mg
Keywords: pasta, pappardelle, easy, tomatoes, tomato, ltalian, pepper, banana pepper, dinner