Grilling season is here!! We have the perfect new and refreshing idea for a summer cookout: this delicious, tangy chicken marinade! It is a surefire summer gem that is guaranteed to appeal to all tastes and appetites. I started making this recipe many years ago as a young chef at a country club in my home town. We were having a large golf outing, and grilling plain chicken breasts just seemed boring. I wanted to create a chicken breast that would be flavorful and leave the chicken moist when grilled and eaten on a sandwich, but not be a mess for a golfer to eat in between holes. I received a lot of compliments that day, and have been making it ever since for family and friends. This recipe is very versatile and can be used on bone-in chicken, pork chops, and even as a salad dressing (make sure that you only use it on salads before marinating the meat in it). Once meat has been marinated in it, please discard any leftover marinade. I love this chicken because it is light, sweet, and filled with the flavors that instantly transport you to an island in the tropics. I have always called it "Bahama Chicken" for this reason. Jackie tried this for the first time when we grilled it for our Memorial Day meal. She raved about the delicious aroma of the chicken as soon as it hit the grill. It released a mouthwatering scent, reminding her of sitting on the beach on a tropical island. This is one of those items you must have a sample of while it is grilling. When your guests come out and see you eating this, just look at them, wink, and tell them it is a "quality check".Print
A sweet and mouthwatering marinade for many applications
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Limes
- 1/2 C brown Sugar
- 1/4 C hard grain mustard or dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP chopped garlic
- 1/2 C vinegar ( cider or red wine works best )
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 8 6 oz. boneless chicken breast
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, garlic and mix together
- Add juice of two limes and two lemons, leaving skins in bowl.
- Add vinegar and mix together
- Drizzle olive oil in slowly while whisking mixture together.
- Place chicken breast in marinate and cover and refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill until fully cooked.