Quick & Easy Homemade Meatballs are so tender and flavorful, you'd never guess they were made in 30 minutes!Keith’s Quick & Easy Homemade Meatballs are the real deal. I have always appreciated them, but only since I’ve been spending so much time with him at home have I truly realized how special they are. It all started when I had a meatball craving a few weeks back. As always, Keith obliged and we went shopping for the ingredients. It was then, when meat was in short supply, that I realized how particular Keith is about his famous meatballs. “You can’t make them with two kinds of meat, and certainly not one”, he said to me as we started at the virtually empty meat cases. I would have to wait.So I became a treasure hunter. My once a week trips to the grocery store became a mission to collect the right ingredients: turkey, beef AND pork. It took a few trips, but finally I found them all. I brought them home and watched him work.
If I am being honest, I am not sure if his “minimum three meat” theory is true or not, but I am not really interested in finding out. These meatballs are the most tender and flavorful I have ever tasted. They instantly transport me to an Italian kitchen, where Nona is busy at the stove. I don’t know where he learned to do this! Our favorite way to enjoy them is with polenta and red sauce, but they also go great with classic spaghetti or on a hoagie. You simply can’t beat ‘em.
These quick & easy meatballs are so tender and flavorful, you would never know they took 30 minutes to make! Three kinds of meat make all the difference.
16 oz ground turkey
16 oz ground beef
8 oz ground pork
½ c grated parmesan cheese
4 bread slices (any bread works, however a hearty Italian or French bread is best.)
½ C milk
2 garlic cloves, chopped
¼ c fresh chopped basil
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 tablespoon tomato paste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the meat and mix until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, rip bread slices into ½ in pieces and top with milk and combine to wet bread. Allow bread to set for 5 minutes.
- Add mixture to meat along with remaining ingredients and combine until well mixed.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Using a dough scoop or ¼ measuring cup, scoop mixture and form into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a clean baking sheet to cool. They can then be served with your favorite accompaniment (like 15 minute tomato sauce) or frozen for future use.
Keywords: beef, pork, turkey, italian, cheese, basil, pasta, polenta, hoagie, sandwich, dinner, easy