This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PrepNowSavorLater #StockPrepWin #CollectiveBias
Fall is the perfect time for entertaining. The shift in the weather has me craving hearty, comforting food. Rosemary Chicken with Roasted Vegetables is the kind of dish I love to make, for dinner guests and for my family.
Preparation is key for these kinds of tasty meals, and our Foodsaver® is the solution. My Rosemary Chicken is all about the perfect marinade. The Foodsaver ® FM5330 vacuum sealer from Bed Bath & Beyond has become my new best friend, because it helps save time, marinating this chicken in minutes instead of hours. I prepared the marinade, placed it in a FoodSaver® bag with the chicken, sealed it, and refrigerated it. The rosemary and herbs flavored the chicken in a complex and delicious way, and the marinade kept the chicken moist. A gourmet meal can be ready in very little time. which is important to us because our family has incredibly busy schedules during the school year.
As a chef, I understand the importance of safe food storage. I often buy food in bulk in order to save money (in this case I happened to get a great deal on chicken halves). When I learned that FoodSaver® was the number one vacuum sealing solution in the U.S. because they are the best for long term freezer storage, I knew this was the right product for our family. FoodSaver® Heat-Seal Bags make meal prep safer, as you don’t have to worry about bags leaking. They also block out the air, preventing freezer burn.I also use my Foodsaver ® vacuum sealer for leftovers, as it keeps food fresh five times longer than freezer bags.
Rosemary Chicken with Roasted Vegetables is a great fall meal: savory, comforting, and delicious. And thanks to Foodsaver ® , it is easy to make and easy to store. That means great leftovers!
You can purchase FoodSaver® FM 5330 at Bed Bath & Beyond.
You can purchase FoodSaver® Heat-Seal Bags and Rolls at Bed Bath & Beyond.
- 1 half chicken (bone-in)
- 1 lemon (juiced and zested)
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 12 cloves of garlic
- ½ C olive oil
- ¼ C cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 C fresh assorted vegetables (we used brussel sprouts, carrots, sweet potatoes)
- In a medium bowl, combine juice, zest, shallots, 5 cloves garlic (whole), olive oil, vinegar, rosemary, red pepper, black pepper, salt and mix thoroughly.
- Place half chicken in FoodSaver® bag. Pour ½ of the marinade into bag and seal. Place remaining marinade in container and refrigerate.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, however overnight is better.
- When ready to cook chicken, prepare vegetables by cutting brussel sprouts in half and other vegetables into 2 inch pieces.
- Heat a grill to medium high, Place a piece of foil down on grates and spray with cooking oil. Remove Chicken from bag and place bone side down on foil.
- Place remaining marinade and vegetables in a 10 in cast iron skillet along with remaining garlic cloves.
- Place cast iron skillet on top of chicken to cook the vegetables and weigh down the chicken.
- Close the lid of the grill and cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes stir the vegetables and turn chicken over and replace the skillet on top of the chicken.
- Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until chicken reaches 170°.
- Remove vegetables when they are at desired tenderness.
- Turn grill off and allow chicken to rest with lid up for 10 minutes.
- Serve on platter with vegetables around chicken.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American