Korean Chicken Tacos make a simple weeknight meal spectacular.
Korean-Mexican fusion food has quickly become one of our favorite indulgences. There is something about the way the traditional flavors from such vastly different cultures blend so well together. These Spicy Korean Chicken Tacos are a perfect example of this unique, robust, and thoroughly addicting flavor combination.
Keith and I began eating Korean-Mexican food a few years ago. We discovered it throughout the city via local food trucks that popularized this flavor combination in New York. One bite of a Korean burrito, and Keith was hooked. He immediately began experimenting with ways to create these flavors at home, and I was more than happy to be his accomplice. The discovery of Korean Gochujang paste has changed Keith’s palate; he loves to add this Korean staple to Mexican food to give it that extra kick that we enjoy so much.
I love these Korean Chicken Tacos because they make a regular weeknight meal extraordinary. Pair them with our Pink Señoritas, and you have one unforgettable meal! The flavor combination is different enough for adventurous eaters, but safe enough for those who just want a great-tasting chicken taco. The Gochujang paste and chorizo add a complex flavor that will wow everyone at the dinner table. Korean-Mex is here to stay.
Ready for some more Korean flavor? Try some of our other Korean fusion recipes: Spicy Korean Boneless Wings , Bloody Mary with Korean Style Candied Bacon , South of the Border Fries
Spicy Korean Chicken Tacos
Taco night has never been better! Korean Chicken Tacos are a perfect blend of international flavor, inspired by our favorite food trucks.
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 12-14 tacos 1x
- 2 lb. fresh chicken breasts
- 4 oz pork chorizo
- ¼ C Gochujang paste
- ¼ C soy sauce
- ¼ C honey
- ¼ C vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ C sour cream
- ½ C finely chopped cilantro
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 12-14 corn tortillas
- 6 oz Cotija cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ C fresh corn
- In a medium bowl, combine chorizo, gochujang paste, soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, garlic cloves crushed, cilantro and juice of lime.
- Mix until thoroughly combined. Place chicken breasts in a gallon zip lock bag and add mixture and seal trying to remove as much air in the bag as possible.
- Allow to marinade at least 30 minutes, up to overnight. The longer you marinade the chicken the better the flavor.
- Grill chicken until internal temperature is at least 165°.
- When cooked allow to rest on plate for at least 5 minutes.
- Julienne chicken breast and place in serving bowl.
- Assemble tacos with remaining ingredients or add other favorites you may have.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Cuisine: Korean-Mexican
Keywords: taco, chicken, korean, gochujang, spicy, mexican,