Sparkling Cherry Lemon-Limeade is a fizzy and refreshing drink that helps beat the summer heat.
The heat of summer is beating down on us, and we sure are glad because the alternative is snow and we can live without that for a while. As much as we love food and creating great recipes at Superman Cooks, we also like to create drink recipes that help quench those unforgettable thirsts from hot summer days. This Sparkling Cherry Lemon-Limeade is sure to do that and so much more. It started as an idea for a simple drink with traditional lemons and some white sugar. But that isn’t the way we do things. We are always looking for ways to take a traditional recipe and give it an unexpected twist, so we decided to pop our lemonade with some different seasonal flavors.
Our familiar stroll on a Saturday morning down to the farmers’ market gave us just the inspiration we needed for this Sparkling Cherry Lemon-Limeade. The first stand we came up on had an array of sweet cherries as well as some delightful sour varieties. Jackie was taken aback by the coloring of the Ranier cherries and immediately wanted to take pictures of them. I concurred and we made our purchase. Now this day was exceptionally warm, so quickly we made our way back home and started to prepare this recipe. We had some chilled lemon flavored Spindrift sparkling water in the refrigerator and thought it would give our lemonade just a little zing.
As we sat and enjoyed this delicious beverage I noticed a bottle of Cuervo Tequila on top of the cabinets, and thought to myself: lemons, limes. It kind of sounds like a margarita, so why not try to add a little tequila to the beverage we just prepared? I spike our glasses because it was the weekend, but this non-alcoholic recipe is perfect as a refreshing summer drink for everyone to enjoy. It’s fizzy, sweet, and a delicious blend of tart and sweet. Cheers to the dog days of summer!!
A tangy blend of Lemon, Lime and sweet Ranier cherries with a little fizz.
- 3–4 Lemons (yield of 3/4 C juice )
- 2–3 Limes ( yield 1/3 C lime juice )
- 1 pint of Ranier Cherries
- 1/2 C Agave Nectar
- 12 oz can Lemon Spindrift seltzer (or sparkling water)
- 2 C water
- Pit all cherries. Place in bowl and smash them until all juice is released. Strain to remove skins (you need 1/2 C cherry juice).
- Pour all juices through a fine mesh strainer into a 2 quart pitcher.
- Add water, Spindrift (seltzer) and agave nectar.
- Mix and add enough ice to fill pitcher.
- As a bonus, this tastes great with 6 oz of lemonade and 2 oz tequila.