Sautéed Cauliflower Tacos are a delightful and satisfying vegetarian meal for whole family.Life can be hectic. That’s why we love any meal that is easy to pull together after a stressful day. Much to my chagrin, even a chef like Keith doesn’t always come home after a long day’s work and want to cook a gourmet meal. These Sautéed Cauliflower tacos are a delicious meal idea for the whole family that is ready in minutes and easily customized to suit each person’s taste.Vegetarian meals are more common for me than for Keith, but I have made strides to introduce him to things that encourage him to enjoy them more often. Our partnership with Simply Organic has introduced us to a plethora of new ideas, and these Sautéed Cauliflower Tacos are one of them. We recently worked on the photography for the Simply Organic Simmer Sauce campaign, where we shot some recipes specially crafted by their chefs and customized for their new sauces. I knew I would enjoy these vegetarian tacos, but I was pleasantly surprised that Keith did too. That is why we felt obligated to share them on superman cooks.
Sautéed Cauliflower Tacos have a rich depth of flavor and are just as satisfying as any meat taco. We love to make them at home because even our pickiest eaters like them. This dish is proof that simple weeknight meals can be gourmet… and even vegetarian!!
Sautéed Cauliflower Tacos
A vegetarian taco packed with flavor
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 12 tacos 1x
- 2 small heads cauliflower
- 1 medium onion, diced (yield about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 package Simply Organic Mild Taco Simmer Sauce
- 12 taco shells
- Trim the cauliflower florets, cutting away as much stem as possible.
- In three batches, break up florets into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles chunky couscous.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté onion until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cumin and cook for another 4 minutes until soft.
- Pour simmer sauce over veggies, stir and heat through.
- Serve in warm tortillas with desired toppings (tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, cabbage, avocado). Garnish with lime and cilantro.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: entrée
- Cuisine: Mexican
Leave a Reply