A Crudité Plate + White Bean Caprese Hummus makes summer entertaining easy.
Keith makes a mean crudité platter. Ask anyone who knows him. Family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers all call on him around this time of year, asking him to make one of his famous vegetable or fruit trays for graduation parties and summer gatherings. I learned this pretty early on in our relationship, and I still marvel at his artistic prowess as a chef and party planner.
I decided to showcase Keith’s skills once again, asking him to create a crudité plate featuring seasonal veggies we found at the farmers’ market. The colors of locally grown produce always inspire me this time of year, making it easier for me to get in all of those servings of vegetables each day. My eyes were bigger than my stomach on this particular day, as we strolled through the market and I grabbed bunch after bunch and filled our bag. A crudité plate was definitely in our future; it was only a matter of time (and a bit of prodding).
Keith of course acquiesced, and he decided this was a perfect opportunity to feature a White Bean Caprese Hummus recipe he had been working on. Local radishes, asparagus, cucumbers, and carrots serve as ideal vessels for this extraordinarily flavorful dip (which I admit I could eat with a spoon). Keith likes to use a combination of raw vegetables and marinated ones, and he always adds something unexpected (in this case hard-boiled eggs and potato salad) to make his crudité plates a step above the ordinary. For a special gathering or a good nosh to accompany a bottle of wine, this Crudité Plate + White Bean Caprese Hummus will never disappoint.
Looking for some other party tray ideas? Check out our Summer Charcuterie Board, Cheese Board Primer, and Holiday Champagne Brunch.
Party planning is easy with this Crudité Plate! White Bean Caprese Hummus is what makes it special; its unique flavor makes it perfect for entertaining.
- 1 small can white beans, drained and rinsed (we used navy but any white bean will work)
- ½ c lite sour cream
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp tahini
- ½ c sun dried tomatoes
- ⅓ c fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- extra olive oil for garnish
- Place beans and garlic in a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Allow to cool.
- Place in food processor and pulse 4-5 times.
- Add sour cream, salt, crushed red pepper, lemon juice, tahini and pulse 4-5 times.
- Rough chop the basil and sun-dried tomatoes, reserve a tablespoon of each to use as a garnish after and then add to the food processor and pulse until smooth. Slowly add olive oil until well combined.
- Remove and place in serving bowl, garnish with remaining basil and tomatoes and drizzle olive oil on top.
Keywords: bean, beans, white, capers, hummus, dip, party, plate, platter, vegetable, veggie, entertaining,