Fresh, light, and bursting with flavor, this no-cook, easy Salmon Ceviche recipe pairs perfectly with Conundrum White for an appetizer or light meal. It's great for entertaining!
What is ceviche?
Ceviche (Seviche, Sebiche) is a South American seafood dish featuring diced fish, marinated in lime juice (sometimes adding lemon or orange juice). The citrus juice cures or "cooks" the fish protein and adds unbelievable flavor. We like it mixed with fresh tomatoes, avocado, chives, and sesame seeds. Like our Grilled Shrimp Skewers, Salmon Ceviche makes a light meal or satisfying healthy appetizer that is easy to make.
We love Conundrum White paired with this Salmon Ceviche because it brings out the bold, citrus flavors. Conundrum White's crisp, bright, balanced flavors make it a family favorite. This blend of five varietals is incredibly versatile. It is special enough to drink with a fancy meal, and affordable enough to enjoy on a weeknight or after work.
- SALMON: we like salmon filets for this recipe, as they are the right thickness. King salmon, sockeye salmon, or red salmon works best.
- AVOCADO: 1 ripe avocado
- TOMATOES: vine ripened tomatoes, roma tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes
- LIME JUICE: fresh squeezed lime juice
- SALT: we like Kosher salt or sea salt
- SESAME OIL: just a dash
- CHIVES: fresh chives, chopped
- BLACK SESAME SEEDS: a pinch for sprinkling on top
- WHITE SESAME SEEDS: a pinch for sprinkling on top
How to make ceviche
- PREPARE THE SALMON: Start by cutting the salmon into ¼" pieces. Place in mixing bowl.
- MARINATE THE SALMON: Add fresh lime juice, sesame oil and salt. Toss. Refrigerate 10 minutes (or up to 30 minutes).
- ADD AVOCADO + TOMATOES: Dice avocado into ¼"pieces and add to marinated salmon along with tomatoes. Toss.
- SERVE: Serve over a bed of greens. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Garnish with chives. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or toast points.
- SPOON IT OUT: we like Salmon Ceviche in a large bowl with crackers toast points or tortilla chips. Guests can spoon out their own servings on small cocktail plates (as shown).
- TACO NIGHT: ceviche makes and excellent taco filling, and also pairs well with other Fish Tacos. Serve it with a side of Pineapple Salsa for a real flavor fiesta.
- MAKE LETTUCE WRAPS: for a really low carb option, roll ceviche in large lettuce leaves.
- ADD MORE VEGGIES: add red onion, peppers, or chopped fresh cilantro.
What is the best fish for ceviche?
A good ceviche recipe starts with the freshest, mildest fish you can find. We like salmon, but you can also use halibut, snapper, shrimp, or sea bass.
Ceviche tastes the best on the day that you make it. It can be kept in the fridge for up to one day, but keep in mind the lime will still be "cooking" the fish, so the taste will change a bit.
This post is sponsored by our friends at Conundrum Wines. All opinions are our own.
Technically no. Marinating the fish in lime juice and salt cures it, therefore "cooking the fish.
Absolutely! Ceviche is high in protein, omega-3 fats, low-carb, and gluten free.
We recommend eating ceviche on the same day you make it. It can be kept in the fridge for up to one day, but keep in mind the lime will still be "cooking" the fish, so the taste will change a bit.
More salmon recipes
🍅 Making this recipe?
- Please feel free to reach out with questions. We're happy to help.
- If you enjoyed it, please leave us a comment with ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 8 ounces fresh salmon skin removed
- 1 avocado
- ¼ C diced tomato
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- dash of sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh chives chopped
- pinch of black sesame seeds
- pinch of white sesame seeds
- Start by cutting your salmon into ¼ inch pieces and place in mixing bowl.
- Add fresh lime juice, sesame oil and salt and toss.
- Refrigerate 1o minutes.
- Dice avocado into ¼ in pieces and to salmon along with tomatoes and toss.
- Serve over a bed of greens and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Garnish with chives.
- Serve with crackers or toast points.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: appetizer
- Serving Size: 6 oz portion
- Calories: 374
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 719.2 mg
- Fat: 25.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2 g
- Protein: 27.9 g
- Cholesterol: 57.9 mg
Keywords: salmon, avocado, fresh, seafood, island, raw, ceviche, appetizer, fish