A Breakfast in Bed Bloody Mary is a decadent cocktail with all the fixin's, ideal for a leisurely weekend.Bloody Marys are a classic cocktail worthy of enjoying exactly as they were designed. The original Bloody Mary (as I remember it) was served simply: with a few olives, a stalk of celery, and made specifically to cure a hangover. We are not ones to argue with a classic recipe (or a technique to serving one), but we have noticed in recent years a trend in “over the top” Bloody Marys. We’ve even embraced this trend with our popular recipe Bloody Mary with Korean Style Candied Bacon.
More is more with this cocktail trend, and we’ve seen it in restaurants across the country.We have seen them topped with a burger, chicken wings, pork chops and even a whole Cornish hen. Jackie is a huge fan of Bloody Marys (especially for weekend brunch), and she prefers the more sophisticated and traditional variety, However, as we consciously took some time this holiday season to be a bit lazy and hang out in our pajamas a little longer than normal, I was inspired to create a Breakfast in Bed variety of this cocktail. What goes better together at breakfast than bacon, eggs and a side of pancakes? The Breakfast in Bed Bloody Mary combines all of our favorites into one simple vessel.
The bacon is delicious by itself, and that is why the recipe calls to make 4 slices because we know some of it will be eaten it before it makes it to the glass. The Breakfast in Bed Bloody Mary is a decadent recipe that is perfect for a weekend in. It could also be a great beginning (or ending) to a romantic Valentine’s Day for all of us romantics out there. Cheers to a fun cocktail that truly is over the top.
- FOR THE BLOODY MARY:
- 2 oz. vodka
- 6 oz. bloody mary mix
- FOR THE BACON:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Red Hot seasoning
- ½ C brown sugar
- IN ADDITION:
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced in half
- 2-3 silver dollar pancakes, using your favorite pancake mix. We placed a jalapeno slice in the middle of each pancake.
- This recipe is perfect for a Sunday morning breakfast in bed. Use your favorite 2 ounces of Vodka and combine it with 6 ounces of your favorite Bloody Mary mix.
- We skewered a hard boiled egg dusted with red hot seasoning.
- We also kicked up standard silver dollar pancakes with fresh jalapeno slices and also used the following recipe for an amazing bacon skewer.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and skewer 4 slices of bacon. Lay bacon on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the poultry seasoning, red hot seasoning along with brown sugar.
- Spread mixture evenly over bacon and cook for 12-18 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before placing in cocktail.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 1065
- Sugar: 34 g
- Sodium: 2567.1 mg
- Fat: 32.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 128.5 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 226.1 mg
Keywords: cocktail, bloody mary, bacon, egg, pancake, jalapeño, tomato juice