Summer is a perfect time to use your grill as much as you can. Simply turning on your oven for even a short time makes the house too hot to handle. Now most of us love desserts, but most people don’t think to use the grill for making desserts. That's where our Smoky Peach Crumble comes in. When our friends at Bob's Red Mill asked us to create a summer barbecue dish, we knew this crumble would be the right fit. This recipe could be made just as easily in the oven, but making it on the grill adds a little smokiness which finishes this sweet, summery dish off perfectly.
This recipe actually came to me in a few different ways. The first being our love for beautiful, minimally processed ingredients from Bob’s Red Mill. The second is because of a trip we took through southern Pennsylvania. We drove through orchards and orchards of fragrant Chambersburg peaches. The smell in the air and beautiful peach trees had Jackie and I craving a peach dessert. I used Bob's Whole Grain Oat Flour, Organic AP Flour, and premium quality Cornstarch in this recipe. High quality, whole grain ingredients give this Smoky Peach Crumble its unique and unforgettable flavor.
I don’t know which one of us came up with the idea to add the smoky paprika. But it was a great addition to this dish because that sweetness and smokiness along with the crispy bacon played perfectly together.
Rather bake this in the oven? Follow the same steps and bake at 350° for 25-30 min.
We ate this as is, but some vanilla ice cream would have been a great topping. Either way, it is great way to finish off any barbecue (we like to pair it with Jerk Chicken Thigh Skewers or some great Sausage Burgers). And there's no need to turn on your oven!
This post is sponsored by our friends at Bob's Red Mill. All opinions are our own.Print
You can make a delicious dessert on the grill! Sweet & Smoky Peach Crumble comes out beautifully when grilled. No need to turn on the oven.
For the filling:
- 2 C fresh sliced peaches
- ¼ C sugar
- 2 oz cinnamon liquor (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Bobs Red Mill Cornstarch
- ½ Lemon
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp salt
For the topping:
- Place sliced peaches in a medium bowl and add lemon juice and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 350°
- To peaches add sugar and spices and combine.
- Combine cornstarch and cinnamon liquor and mix until starch is dissolved. (use water if omitting liquor)
- Add to peaches and stir until combined and then pour into a 7 inch cast iron skillet.
To assemble topping:
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, and cinnamon and mix.
- Cut butter into small pieces and, using your fingers, add to flour mixture and pinch butter through flour to form crumbly pieces.
- Top peaches with the topping and then top with bacon pieces.
- Place skillet on hot grill and cook for 25-30 minutes or until top is brown and bubbly.
- Remove and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving
- baking in a conventional oven is fine too! Just follow the instructions and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
- cinnamon liquor is optional! You can substitute water for the the liquor and get great flavor.
Keywords: grill, grilled, sweet, dessert, peach, peaches, crumble, Bob's Red Mill, whole grain, cast iron