Pink Pomegranate Margaritas are festive & sweet summer cocktails that add "pop" to the party.
Get out those glasses and salt the rims (with salt and lime zest!!). It’s Cinco de Mayo, and we have the perfect drink to celebrate. We love all things Cinco de Mayo here at superman cooks (especially our Pink Señorita Cocktails). Not only is this holiday a good excuse to drink a margarita (or two), but it also involves all kinds of Mexican food, which you will never hear us complain about.
Each year, we like to release a new recipe to celebrate this special holiday. This year, Keith created a festive drink that we are calling a Pink Pom Pom Margarita. It’s a twist on a classic, loaded with fresh pomegranate juice, lime, and all the traditional margarita fixin's. It’s finished off with a rim of salt mixed with lime zest. We think it goes great with all kinds of traditional Mexican fare (like our Chicken Tacos or Smoky Black Bean Quesadillas, so it’s ideal for parties, and pretty enough to serve at a summer shower or barbecue.
Use fresh pomegranate juice instead of bottled (it's not as dark!)
Roll the lime on a hard surface before juicing. It brings the juice to the surface!
To achieve the perfect pink margarita hue, we used the juice from the pomegranate itself (as bottled juices tend to be a little darker in color). Sprinkling in fresh pomegranate seeds (arils) give this cocktail a colorful, festive, summertime feel. We liked this drink so much that we had to rush through the shoot so that we could take a pitcher out on the patio and enjoy it ourselves. Cheers!Print
A festive pink drink is what every party needs! These delightfully sweet pomegranate margaritas are guaranteed to please!
- 2 oz of your favorite tequila
- 1 oz triple sec or any orange liquor
- 1 ½ oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 ½ oz fresh pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- ¼ C kosher salt
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Before juicing your limes, use a zester to remove just the outer green skin and set aside
- (to get the most juice from the limes, roll them on a hard surface before juicing).
- In a cocktail mixer, add tequila, orange liquor, lime juice, and agave nectar. Fill shaker with ice and place top on and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Mix kosher salt and lime zest in a shallow dish big enough to dip the top of glass in.
- Using a lime wedge, wet the rim of the glass and dip glass into salt and zest mixture.
- Fill glass with ice and strain the margarita over ice, add seeds and pomegranate seeds.
- Garnish with lime wheel and enjoy.
- use fresh pomegranate juice (instead of bottled) to get the perfect pink hue!
Keywords: margarita, summer, cocktail, drink, pomegranate, pink, lime, tequila, Cinco de Mayo, Mexican, sweet