Pink Pom Pom Margaritas are festive & sweet summer cocktails to add pop to the party.
Get out those glasses and salt the rims. It’s Cinco de Mayo, and we have the perfect drink to celebrate. We love all things Cinco de Mayo here at superman cooks. Not only is it a good excuse to drink a margarita (or two), but it also involves all kinds of Mexican food, which you will never hear us complain about.
Each year, we like to release a new recipe to celebrate this special holiday. This year, Keith created a festive drink that we are calling a Pink Pom Pom Margarita. It’s a twist on a classic, loaded with fresh pomegranate juice, lime, and all the traditional margarita fixings. It’s finished off with a rim of salt and lime zest. We think it goes great with all kinds of traditional Mexican fare, so it’s ideal for parties, and pretty enough to serve at a summer shower or barbecue.
To achieve this gorgeous pink hue, we used the juice from the pomegranate itself (as bottled juices tend to be a little darker in color). Fresh pomegranate seeds gave this cocktail a festive, summertime feel. We liked this so much that we had to rush through the shoot so that we could take a pitcher out on the patio and enjoy it. Cheers!
A festive pink drink is what every cocktail party needs! These delightfully sweet Pink Pom Pom Margaritas are tequila cocktails made with pomegranate juice.
- 2 oz of your favorite tequila
- 1 oz triple sec or any orange liquor
- 1 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 oz fresh pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/4 C kosher salt
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Before juicing your limes, use a zester to remove just the outer green skin and set aside
- (to get the most juice from the limes, roll them on a hard surface before juicing).
- In a cocktail mixer, add tequila, orange liquor, lime juice, and agave nectar. Fill shaker with ice and place top on and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Mix kosher salt and lime zest in a shallow dish big enough to dip the top of glass in.
- Using a lime wedge, wet the rim of the glass and dip glass into salt and zest mixture.
- Fill glass with ice and strain the margarita over ice, add seeds and pomegranate seeds.
- Garnish with lime wheel and enjoy.
Keywords: margarita, summer, cocktail, drink, pomegranate, pink, lime, tequila, cinco de mayo, Mexican, happy, sweet