Easter is only a week away. It’s amazing how fast this year is going. A “normal” Easter meal for our family involves a delicious Ginger Snap Crusted Ham that we believe is the best recipe out there. But we all know that there has been nothing normal about this past year. So, for our intimate Easter gathering this year, I decided I would change things up. We’re serving some Lamb Chops with Mint Aioli. This is a beautiful, gourmet looking dish that is surprisingly simple. We served it with a colorful side dish of roasted radishes and carrots and some Crispy String Beans.
With the weather turning warmer, I was anxious to get the grill out, clean it up and attach a fresh tank of gas. Grilling lamb chops is a great way to start the season because they are very easy to make, and they look really elegant. I don’t normally like to cook lamb, but Jackie and the kids really enjoy it. So, this year I decided to surprise them with something special. I can’t believe it is our first lamb recipe on Superman Cooks!
Superman Cooks tip: we buy Frenched lamb chops because they are already cleaned and the majority of fat is removed.
As a young chef many years ago, I worked in a restaurant that was famous for its Sunday brunch. There was always leg of lamb or lamb chops on the buffet. I had to prepare it so often that I don’t care for the smell of lamb cooking even to this day. However, I know that most people love it (including my family) so once in a while I suck it up and cook it anyway. Other foods that I can’t eat anymore are cantaloupe and honeydew melon because I peeled and chopped three cases of each for that same restaurant every Sunday morning. I do know that I am the odd one here, so trust me when I say Jackie and the kids loved everything about this recipe. Happy Easter! We hope you enjoy.Print
An delicious, elegant meal is easier than you think! French Cut Lamb Chops with Mint Aioli are simple to make and great for entertaining.
- 2 pounds Frenched lamb chops
- ½ C olive oil
- ½ C fresh mint
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 8 oz fresh tri-colored carrots
- 8 oz fresh radishes
- 8 oz red baby onions, peeled
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Cut carrots on a bias in 1" pieces.
- Cut radishes in half.
- Combine carrots and radishes in a bowl and coat with 2 Tbsp oil, salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a baking sheet and add red onions.
- Place in oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chops and brush with olive oil and cook on grill (3 minutes each side).
- While lamb is cooking, prepare sauce by crushing mint, garlic and thyme in a mortar or place in food chopper.
- Add oil and thyme and mix until well blended. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When the lamb is done, allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve: place lamb on a serving plate and drizzle with mint aioli.
- Serve vegetables in a side dish and pair with a great wine.
Keywords: lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb, mint, French, Easter, holiday, lollipop