Nachos and the Superbowl go hand in hand. When it’s time to sit down for the big game every year, there had better be some savory, bad-for-you appetizers on hand. For me, nachos are it. Keith and I both love this traditional bar food so much, we have been known to make a meal out of them. This year, Keith decided to change up our traditional plate full of cheesy goodness by using his incredible pulled pork recipe.
Keith’s pulled pork nachos are amazing. His idea of using barbecue sauce instead of salsa is genius, and crunchy cabbage slaw mixed in makes for the perfect bite. It is just similar enough to traditional nachos to invite any skeptic try them without realizing the difference. But once you take the first bite, the complex barbecue flavor slaps you in the face. It is quite intoxicating.
Now is the time to mention that Keith is very particular about his nachos presentation. Having made them for years at his restaurants, he has a deep-seeded hatred for a plate of nachos where the chips (and the toppings) are not evenly distributed. Our goal is for each bite to be loaded with yummy goodness, and for your guests to be “wowed” by your beautiful presentation. You can meet this goal by layering the toppings as pictured above. Betting on the big game may not make you a winner but serving these pulled pork nachos will.
- 1 C Pulled Pork (recipe found in PULLED PORK BANH MI post)
- ¼ C BBQ sauce (we use Bulls eye)
- 1 C shredded cheese (jack and cheddar)
- 4 C shredded cabbage
- ½ C shredded carrots
- 2 TBSP Cider Vinegar
- ½ C Mayonaise
- ¼ C sour cream
- Tortilla Chips
- In a bowl, add shredded cabbage, mayo, vinegar, 1 TBSP Chopped Cilantro,salt and pepper, and combine (refrigerate up to 1 day in advance or at least 30 minutes).
- Spread Tortilla Chips evenly in a single layer on plate or serving dish.
- Spread pork evenly over the chips so that all chips have pork on them.
- Spread cheese over chips as evenly as possible and microwave for 30 seconds
- Pour BBQ sauce over cheese and chips
- Top with Cole slaw and sour cream and top with chopped Cilantro.
- Serve and Enjoy