Cheers to 2016! As we get our party clothes out and prepare to celebrate the new year with family and friends, we thought it was fitting to share the recipe for a lovely little drink. This Clementine Champagne Cocktail is what we will be sipping on during the final hours of 2015. It is just a little tart and little sweet, and it makes for a stylish way to usher in the new year.
Citrus is at its peak this time of year; our fridge is stocked with grapefruit, oranges, and our personal favorites, clementines. We thought these little sweet treats would make a delicious mixer for our special champagne cocktail. Keith used fresh clementine juice, grapefruit juice, champagne (or Prosecco) and vodka, then finished it off with a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds.
As 2015 comes to a close, we can’t help but reflect on all the blessings we have shared this year: family, friends, good health, and of course many delicious meals together. We cherish it all, each and every moment, and look forward to what 2016 brings. Wishing you and yours a very Healthy and Happy New Year! K & J
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed clementine juice
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- 4 oz. champagne or Prosecco
- pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Make sure you strain the juice to remove any pulp.
- In a cocktail glass mix, vodka, simple syrup and both juices.
- Top off with champagne or Rrosecco and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve cold