With only 4 ingredients, A Blood Orange Cocktail is a sweet and bubbly party favorite that is so easy to make!
Another year has come to an end, and we have a lot to celebrate here at Superman Cooks. So we have mixed up another phenomenal cocktail combining the sweet, seasonal flavors of delicious blood oranges, Prosecco, and a bit of Orange Liqueur. This Sparkling Blood Orange Cocktail is just the right kind of drink to serve your guests to ring in the new year.
- BLOOD ORANGE JUICE (we used fresh squeezed): 2 ounces, strained
- ORANGE LIQUEUR (we used Triple Sec): 2 ounces
- PROSECCO: 4 ounces
- BLOOD ORANGE SLICES: for garnish
- RED SUGAR: to rim the glass
How to make a Blood Orange Prosecco Cocktail:
- Using a cocktail glass, rub the edge of the glass with an orange wedge. Then dip the glass into a plate with red sugar.
- Add 2 ounces of the orange liqueur and then 2 ounces of the blood orange juice. Top with the prosecco.
- Garnish with a blood orange slice.
Blood Orange Recipes:
Blood Orange Season just makes us happy. Our Blood Orange Margarita is favorite on the blog, and our Blood Orange Salad add the right amount of sweetness to crisp & bitter leaves. Perhaps the Ultimate winter treat is a classic French Toast with Blood Orange Butter. These sweet fruits not only look great, but they add a unique sweet hit of flavor otherwise boring recipes.
We raise a glass (Blood Orange Cocktail) to you and yours! Wishing you very prosperous, healthy and flavorful new year. Cheers!
- No Prosecco? No problem! Substitute Sparkling Wine or Champagne.
- Add Extra Blood Orange Flavor: substituting Blood Orange Liqueur for Triple Sec.
- A Cinnamon Sugar Rim adds an extra depth of flavor.
- Make a batch ahead of time: triple the recipe and mix it in a pitcher. Then transfer to an airtight container until you are ready to serve it (to keep the sparkly fizziness!).
More Prosecco Cocktails:
Violet Femme Sparkling Purple Gin Cocktail: Empress Gin, Elderflower Liqueur, and a splash of Prosecco (or champagne) make this elegant cocktail worthy of a holiday party.
Clementine Champagne Cocktail: fresh grapefruit juice, clementine juice, and simple syrup topped with your favorite bubbly is a perfectly festive holiday cocktail.Print
Yes, it's possible to make champagne even better! This sweet and bubbly Sparkling Blood Orange Cocktail is a drink worthy of celebration.
- 2 ounces strained blood orange juice
- 2 ounces orange liquor
- 4 ounces champagne, prosecco or sparkling wine
- Red sugar to rim the glass (optional)
- Using a cocktail glass, rub the edge of the glass with an orange wedge and then dip the glass into a plate with red sugar.
- Add 2 ounces of the orange liquor and then 2 ounces of the blood orange juice and top with the prosecco.
- Garnish with a slice of blood orange.
Keywords: champagne, prosecco, blood orange, champs, sweet, cocktail, drink, party