A Sparkling Blood Orange Cocktail is a sweet and bubbly party favorite.
Another year has come to an end, and we have a lot to celebrate here at Superman Cooks. So we have mixed up a phenomenal cocktail combining the sweet, seasonal flavors of blood oranges, prosecco, and a bit of citrus liquor. This Sparkling Blood Orange Cocktail is easy to make and is just the right kind of drink to serve your guests to ring in the new year.
As we look back on 2016, I realize that Keith and I have had a year full of fun and adventure. We managed to travel a bit and explore some new places, we celebrated a milestone birthday, and we continue to learn and grow together as we build our Superman Cooks brand. Working with Keith is one of the true joys of my life. Not only is he a talented chef who never runs out of ideas, but he is a supportive partner who encourages me and my insatiable curiosity. Of course we could never do any of this without the love and support of our family and friends. So to all of you, we raise a glass (of Sparkling Blood Orange Cocktail) and say thank you. To you and yours, a very prosperous, healthy and flavorful 2017. Bottoms up!
Check out some of our other favorite celebratory libations: Clementine Champagne Cocktail, Red Russian with Rosemary Simple Syrup, Muddled Berry Mojitos
A wonderful and refreshing cocktail that is perfect to ring in the New Year or simply celebrate everyday.
- 2 ounces strained blood orange juice
- 2 ounces orange liquor
- 4 ounces champagne, prosecco or sparkling wine
- Red sugar to rim the glass (optional)
- Using a cocktail glass, rub the edge of the glass with an orange wedge and then dip the glass into a plate with red sugar.
- Add 2 ounces of the orange liquor and then 2 ounces of the blood orange juice and top with the prosecco.
- Garnish with a slice of blood orange.