Looking for a unique summer cocktail that is as refreshing as it is pretty? Look no further. This Cucumber Melon Ball Wine Cooler is a real treat.It has been many years since I have eaten any type of melon. This is mainly because my early days of cooking in restaurants created a severe distaste for this summer fruit. I spent many a Sunday morning cutting gallons and gallons of cantaloupe for Sunday brunch. This kind of repetitive work over the years quickly made melon my enemy; to this day just the smell puts me off. Jackie, on the other hand, is obsessed with “candy like” sweet melon wrapped in prosciutto that she discovered during her travels to Italy. She swears by it as the perfect summer snack.So to be honest, neither of us is crazy about digging into a melon all by itself. While we watch others devour it in the summertime, we both need a little something to set it off. In this case, that “little something” is cucumber… and alcohol. The cucumber-infused vodka plus white wine gives this drink a clean, refreshing base. Using the frozen melon balls keeps the drink ice-cold and naturally sweet. Best of all, it looks quite festive—perfect for a summer bridal shower or just a special impromptu dinner on the back deck. Just keep the melon balls in the freezer and the wine chilled, and assemble it right before serving. You can even change it up by substituting any frozen fruit.
How to Make Cucumber Infused Vodka:
- Pour 1 C vodka in a container
- Add about 6-8 cucumber slices.
- Place in refrigerator for about 3 hours. This will infuse the vodka with the cucumber flavor (this can be refrigerated for up to 3 days).
We are officially back on a summer melon kick thanks to this Cucumber Melon Ball Wine cooler. It is about time.
Want more fabulous cocktail ideas? Try our Pink Señorita or a Pink Pom Pom Margarita
Cucumber Melon Ball Wine Cooler
Make cucumber infused vodka at home to create this pretty Melon Ball Wine Cooler. It's the perfect cocktail for summer parties.
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Yield: 1 drinks 1x
- 1 cantaloupe melon
- 1 honeydew melon
- ½ large cucumber
- 4 oz white wine
- 2 oz vodka
- Using a melon baller, scoop melon balls from the cantaloupe and honeydew melon and place on freezer-safe tray. Freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Pour 1 C vodka in a container and add about 6-8 cucumber slices. Place in refrigerator for about 3 hours. This will infuse the vodka with the cucumber flavor (this can be refrigerated for up to 3 days).
- To assemble drink, use a 10-12 oz glass and place 4-5 frozen melon balls in glass.
- Add 2 oz cucumber vodka and then fill remaining glass with white wine.
- Garnish with sliced thin cucumber skewered thru a stem of a flower.
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vodka, cucumber vodka, cocktail, summer, melon, cantaloupe, wine
Leave a Reply