Thanksgiving is a great time to spend time with friends and family. We believe this is the best holiday of all because it is focused around the ones you love. Thanksgiving is a time that we put differences aside and we cherish what we have in our lives. We at superman cooks feel fortunate to have a great family and many friends to enjoy this holiday with.
We know that there are many people who are not as fortunate as we are. Jackie and I are so thankful for everything we have, especially each other. And we believe we have been brought together for a reason. Jackie is my best friend and I am most thankful for the kind heart that she shows to me and the kids. This post was put together because we want everyone out there to be able to extend this Thanksgiving holiday a little longer than just one day.
- TURKEY (4 to 6 ounces)
- BREAD: 2 slices (we like a good grainy bread, but you can use white bread too)
- CHEDDAR CHEESE (2 slices): you can also use Swiss cheese or American cheese
- GREEN BEANS a handful to stack on the sandwich
- MAYO (¼ cup)
- CRANBERRY SAUCE (¼ cup)
How to make a turkey sandwich using Thanksgiving turkey leftovers:
- Place roasted turkey, julienned green beans and cheddar cheese on your favorite sliced bread.
- Mix the mayonnaise with leftover cranberry sauce to create a Cranberry Aioli.
- Spread Cranberry Aioli on the top slice of bread and assemble sandwich.
- Enjoy your turkey leftovers!
This Turkey Cranberry Sandwich takes the everyday turkey sandwich and makes it feel like you are eating in a gourmet restaurant (instead of eating leftovers). It is super simple and full of flavor, and its an easy meal to enjoy after all of your Black Friday shopping. The cranberry aioli has the right little zing to pull the simple ingredients together. From superman cooks we wish each and every one of you a safe and happy holiday season.
- Scrap the bread: use leftover homemade biscuits or dinner rolls for a southern style sandwich.
- Use all of your Thanksgiving leftovers: don't be afraid to layer on mashed potatoes, chopped up Brussels sprouts, stuffing, or even corn casserole.
- Make it a wrap or a burrito: combining all of the ingredients in a tortilla make for a mouthwatering bite. You can even sub the cranberry aioli with salsa!
- Make it vegetarian: omit the turkey all together and pile on your favorite veggie sides for one satisfying sandwich.
More great leftover turkey recipes:Print
Thanksgiving leftovers make the best ingredients for a gourmet Leftover Turkey Sandwich! Homemade cranberry aioli is the secret sauce.
- 4-6 oz turkey
- 2 slices bread of choice
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- handful green beans
- ¼ C mayo
- ¼ C cranberry sauce
- Assemble sandwich with turkey, julienne green beans and cheddar cheese placed on your favorite bread.
- We mixed the mayo with the cranberry sauce for a great condiment.
- Spread on the bread and enjoy.
Keywords: thanksgiving, holiday, thanksgiving leftovers, leftovers, turkey, cranberry, aioli, turkey sandwich