Thanksgiving leftovers make the best ingredients for this gourmet turkey sandwich recipe! Homemade cranberry aioli is the secret sauce.
Thanksgiving is the best holiday because it is focused around the ones you love. Thanksgiving is a time to put differences aside and cherish what we have in our lives. We at superman cooks feel fortunate to have a great family and many friends to enjoy this holiday with.
Jackie and I are so thankful for everything we have, especially each other. And we believe we have been brought together for a reason. Jackie is my best friend and I am most thankful for the kind heart that she shows to me and the kids. We're sharing our favorite turkey sandwich recipe because we want everyone to be able to extend this Thanksgiving holiday a little longer.
- TURKEY: fresh roasted turkey. Use dark turkey meat or white turkey meat.
- BREAD: we like a good grainy bread, but you can use white bread too
- CHEDDAR CHEESE: cheddar cheese slices. You can also use Swiss cheese or American cheese slices.
- GREEN BEANS a handful to stack on the sandwich
- MAYO: real mayonnaise or light mayonnaise
- CRANBERRY SAUCE: homemade cranberry sauce or canned cranberry sauce
How to make a turkey sandwich using Thanksgiving turkey leftovers
- Place roasted turkey, julienned green beans and cheddar cheese on your favorite sliced bread.
- Mix the mayonnaise with leftover cranberry sauce to create a Cranberry Aioli.
- Spread Cranberry Aioli on the top slice of bread and assemble sandwich.
- Enjoy your turkey leftovers!
This Turkey Cranberry Sandwich is out of the ordinary. It makes it feel like you are eating in a gourmet restaurant (instead of eating leftovers). The cranberry aioli is the key ingredient that pulls all the simple ingredients together.
- Scrap the bread: use leftover homemade biscuits or dinner rolls for a southern style sandwich.
- Use all of your Thanksgiving leftovers: don't be afraid to layer on mashed potatoes, chopped up Brussels sprouts, stuffing, or even corn casserole.
- Make it a wrap or a burrito: combining all of the ingredients in a tortilla make for a mouthwatering bite. You can even sub the cranberry aioli with salsa!
- Make it vegetarian: omit the turkey all together and pile on your favorite veggie sides for one satisfying sandwich.
More great leftover turkey recipes
🍅 Making this recipe?
- Please feel free to reach out with questions. We're happy to help.
- If you enjoyed it, please leave us a comment with ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- 4-6 oz turkey
- 2 slices bread of choice
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- handful green beans
- ¼ C mayo
- ¼ C cranberry sauce
- Assemble sandwich with turkey, julienne green beans and cheddar cheese placed on your favorite bread.
- We mixed the mayo with the cranberry sauce for a great condiment.
- Spread on the bread and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: thanksgiving, holiday, thanksgiving leftovers, leftovers, turkey, cranberry, aioli, turkey sandwich