Pretty, delicious, and totally refreshing. A Raspberry Mojito is summer in a glass. It only takes 5 simple ingredients to mix up your new favorite cocktail!
Summer is in full bloom and berries are fresh and abundant. It's the perfect time to make a cocktail with fresh summer fruit, like our Blueberry Margarita. Summer is also the time for friends, family and picnics. We love to host parties outside, and we like to have get-togethers where everyone brings her favorite drink. We used to bring the typical beer and wine, but recently we started sampling new cocktails. This Muddled Raspberry Mojito couldn't be simpler to make and it looks amazing sitting on a table. This cocktail is super simple, refreshing and irresistible.
- FRESH RASPBERRIES: ¼ cup
- SUGAR: 1 ½ teaspoons
- MINT LEAVES: 3 mint leaves
- VODKA: 2 ounces
- SPARKLING WATER or CLUB SODA: 4 ounces
What's in a mojito?
A classic mojito is made with rum, lime juice, sugar, mint, and club soda. To make a Raspberry Mojito, we changed it up a bit, substituting vodka for white rum and adding a mix of fresh berries to create a summer cocktail that has become a favorite at our parties.
How to make a mojito:
- Muddle together berries, sugar and mint (using a muddler or the back of a spoon) in the bottom of 8 oz glass
- Add vodka and crushed ice.
- Top with sparkling water
- Garnish with berries and fresh mint leaves
Mojitos have always intrigued me. They are so simple, yet the flavor is so complex. You may have noticed that we are big fans of seasonal summer berries, and fresh mint as well. The flavors just go well together.
Can you use other kinds of berries in mojitos?
Absolutely! In fact we recommend a mix of berries for optimum flavor. Try muddling strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries together or separately for this recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's):
Substitute Stevia or Agave nectar for the sugar
Substitute lemonade, lemon lime soda, or ginger ale for the sparkling water
Yes! We recommend RASPBERRY VODKA for an extra hit of raspberry flavor.
- ¼ C fresh berries
- 1 ½ tsp sugar or agave nectar
- 3 mint leaves
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz sparkling water or lemon lime soda
- Take berries, sugar and mint and muddle together in bottom of 8 oz glass
- Add vodka, ice and top with sparkling water
- garnish with berries and fresh mint leaves
- substitute Stevia or Agave nectar for the sugar to reduce calories.
- substitute lemonade, lemon lime soda, or ginger ale for sparkling water for an extra punch.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Cocktail