Double Chocolate Olive Oil Brownies are a rich and chewy treat that will disappear quickly.Brownies are one of those desserts that everyone loves but can be made so many different ways. Some prefer a chewy, fudge like brownie, while others stand by a lighter, cake like variety. For me, either is delicious and should always be made in double batches. For our Double Chocolate Olive Oil Brownies, we were going for something a bit different from mom’s classic recipe.We have been working on a project with Carapelli Olive Oil recently, and we simply fell in love with the their rich, vibrant, and fruity Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil.We wanted to find a way to pair it with chocolate. Jackie, our unofficial resident baker at superman cooks, wanted to make a rich and flavorful brownie. So that is just what we did, keeping the ingredients simple and letting the natural flavors take center stage.The combination of olive oil and cocoa came together in a way that makes the finished product taste like it was made by a Michelin star pastry chef. We think they are great all by themselves, but I wanted to dress them up with a quick and easy cream cheese frosting (for extra richness). A garnish of chopped pistachios and pomegranate seeds made these Double Chocolate Olive Oil brownies pop. However you decide to serve them, I do recommend making a double batch, as these disappear quickly.
A rich and decadent brownie that is super moist and packed with great flavor.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 C All Purpose flour
- 1 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 C olive oil (we prefer extra virgin)
- 1/3 C cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, salt in a bowl.
- Mix sugar and oil together for about 1 minute in a separate bowl, then add eggs 1 at a time until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into this mixture and combine.
- Add chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and place in oven and then turn oven temperature down to 350° and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cook until toothpick comes out with a few crumbs stuck to it. Do not over cook.
- Remove and allow brownies to cool, then cut.
- To make topping we mixed 4 oz cream cheese with 2 C powdered sugar and a tbsp of milk until combined.
- Drop mixture on brownies and garnish with pomegranate seeds and chopped pistachios (optional).