A Caramel Eggnog Chata is a rich and festive drink worthy of a special toast.
We seem to be creating certain traditions here at superman cooks. We have a Christmas cookie, and we keep creating a Memorial Day barbecue item as well as a Valentines Day treats. This post is no exception. A New Year’s Eve cocktail is one that we enjoy, but it sometimes takes a few tries to get it just right.
Now we are not big drinkers, so when we create cocktail ideas we try to come up with something that is full of flavor without having an overwhelming alcohol taste. This Caramel Egg Nog Chata is a signature New Years cocktail that everyone can enjoy. This year we intended to create a drink that would use up the delicious Rum Chata we had in the cupboard. While I am not a fan of egg nog, Jackie does enjoy a few glasses throughout the holiday season. This drink lends the perfect base to blend with a cinnamon bite of Firewater and the creaminess of the rum chatta. We rounded it out with a swirl of caramel on the glass and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
As this year draws to an end, start thinking about the resolutions for 2018 and be sure to spend the holiday safe and with family and friends. We want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and look forward to filling your stomachs and hearts with great recipes and stories.
- **This drink is designed to be made in a small 4-5 drink batch.
- 8 oz Rum Chata
- 4 oz Fire Water (or cinnamon flavored whiskey)
- 20 oz Egg Nog
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Caramel Syrup
- In a small pitcher, combine rum chata, fire water, and egg nog and mix.
- Drizzle the caramel syrup into the glass to allow it to drip down the sides.
- Fill glass halfway with ice and top with drink mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Optional rim garnish of cinnamon sugar and a cinnamon stick.