This two ingredient fudge is so easy to make, I honestly thought it was a trick. Keith and I have come to refer to it as "Fudge for Dummies", because this dummy couldn't wrap her mind around how something so decadent could only contain two simple ingredients. How is this possible? Keith still laughs at me when we talk about it. I wanted to make this to take to work, and he had to walk me through the steps several times, because it is just too easy to be that good! We think you should keep this information to yourself when you make it for your family and co-workers. Let them think you slaved away all day and used fancy cookware like a double boiler. It will be our secret.Basically, this fudge comes down to two ingredients: semi-sweet chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. So if there are only two things in it, you want to start with good quality, right? We bought good semi-sweet chocolate chips at our gourmet grocery store to insure that the chocolate flavor was the best. Then (and I still can't get over this), you add sweetened condensed milk, pop it in the microwave and that's about it. Once our mixture was warm and gooey, we transferred it to a baking dish so that we could easily cut it into small squares. The results are these little bites of decadently rich chocolate that surely will impress your friends. No double boiler needed.
A decadent chocolate treat that is too easy to make
- 1 ½ bags good semi-sweet chocolate chips 15 oz bag
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Chopped nuts ( optional )
- In a bowl add the chocolate chips.
- Shake the can of condensed milk and add to the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes depending on microwave power.
- Remove and mix and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add chopped nuts (optional)
- Pour into a glass bread pan or a 9x9 pan.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
- Cut and serve
- Wait for guests ask for the recipe.