During Covid we didn’t get to dine out or even do much takeout, like most people did. I was feeling like I lost a little of my inspiration and ability to create new recipes. Since our focus at Superman Cooks has always been to create dishes that are simple and taste delicious, we try to stay away from "white table cloth" kinds of meals.
Mexican flavors have always been some of my favorites. We enjoy going out for Mexican food and making it at home, because of the bold flavors and a simplistic approach to plating. This Loaded BBQ Pork Nachos recipe came to us when were first able to venture out to eat again, as Covid restrictions began to lift. My daughter is a college student and a server at a delicious local Taco restaurant. She was working to save money for school and she would boast about the street Nachos they served there. We had to order the dish to discover that she had every reason to brag. These nachos were delicious and so full of the flavors we loved. It definitely ignited my creativity again.
How to make Chili Mayo:
- Mix ¼ cup chili sauce and ¼ cup mayo in a small bowl.
- Combine with corn, or use as topping to spice up your nachos!
I came home that night determined to recreate this loaded BBQ pork nachos recipe, but adding my special "superman cooks" little twist. I wanted to add a little Cambodian flair, adding a sweet chili sauce, the flavors of my favorite Mexican Street Corn, and my signature Pulled Pork recipe. This tangy mayo, in my opinion, took it to a new level. I think what we learned is to always be creative and don’t let your imagination stop you from taking a chance on recreating a meal from a favorite restaurant. The worst thing that could happen is that you find something new you like and have to make it over and over.Print
Take your next gathering up a notch with these Loaded BBQ Pork Nachos, inspired by our favorite Mexican Street food flavors.
- 5oz tortilla chips
- ½ C nacho cheese
- ½ C pulled pork
- 2 ears of corn
- ¼ C mayo
- ½ C chili sauce (divided)
- ¼ C sour cream
- ¼ C chopped cilantro
- ¼ C Cojito cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped.
- Prepare the corn by roasting it over an open flame, either on a gas stove top or on your grill. Cook until slight charring appears.
- Remove from cob by slicing down lengthways. Set in small mixing bowl.
- Start by layering chips in a single row over your serving tray.
- Mix the pulled pork with ¼ C chili sauce and heat slightly.
- Heat the cheese sauce and start by pouring it over the chips evenly.
- Top cheese sauce with pulled pork.
- Mix remaining chili sauce and mayo in a small bowl and combine with corn, reserving ½ C to use for garnish.
- Spread corn mixture over and cheese and pork and then top with green onions, cilantro, remaining corn and cojito cheese.
- Garnish with sour cream.
- Serve and enjoy.
Keywords: street food, corn, street, Mexican, nachos, tortilla, cheese, nacho, pork, chili sauce, mayo