Grilled Peach & Farro Salad is a seasonal delight, made with local ingredients.
It’s possible that late summer is the best time to create a new and interesting salad. It’s prime time for some great produce, and at the same time, the change in seasons means a desire for heartier ingredients. This combination makes for a one great dish.
Keith came up with this amazing Grilled Peach & Farro Salad that fires on all cylinders. It’s all about the local peaches; they are at their prime this time of year, so wonderfully sweet, juicy and bursting with flavor. We gave them the starring role in this salad, and their candy sweet flavor pairs perfectly with bitter arugula and hearty farro. This salad eats more like a healthy bowl, full of great texture and crunch, and perfectly accented with goat cheese, radishes and almonds. And he finished it off with a thyme flavored vinaigrette that ties the whole thing together.
Keith created this salad at just the right time. Not only were the peaches at their peak, but we were able to share a large bowl of it outside on the back deck, enjoying dinner together as the sun set. These are the kind of evenings I love. They are few and far between, but we’ll take what we can get, especially when the weather is this good and the food is this fresh.
A fall festive styled salad with peppery arugula, farm fresh peaches and a nutty flavor of farro, all tied together with a sweet vinegrette dressing.
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 2 cups spring mix
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 2 fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- Juice from one Lemon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Top with Peaches and enjoy.
- To prepare salad:
- Mix arugula and spring mix together and place in large mixing bowl.
- Cut peaches into 8 wedges. Brush with olive oil and place on hot grill. Grill on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Take 2 of the wedges and smash in medium mixing bowl using a fork. Add garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, honey and thyme and whisk together.
- Continue whisking while slowly drizzling in the olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over salad greens, tossing while adding dressing.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with farro, radishes, almonds, goat cheese and peaches and enjoy.