Grilled Peach Salad is summer on a plate. Sweet grilled peaches top a bed of arugula, goat cheese, farro, crunchy almonds, and sweet vinaigrette.
The best peach salad
The key to the best peach salad recipe is simple: grilled peaches. Grilling peaches brings out their natural sweetness. Their candy sweet flavor pairs perfectly with bitter arugula, creamy goat cheese, and hearty farro. This salad eats more like a healthy bowl, full of texture and crunch. A simple homemade vinaigrette ties it all together.
- ARUGULA: (we like pre packaged bags arugula or fresh arugula from the farmer's market)
- SPRING MIX: mixed greens (pre packaged salad)
- FARRO: cooked farro adds fiber and protein
- PEACHES: ripe peaches (grilling fresh peaches to brings out the flavor)
- RADISHES: sliced radishes for color and texture
- ALMONDS: sliced almonds or chopped almonds
- GOAT CHEESE: we like to use crumbled goat cheese to save time
- LEMON: juice from lemon
- HONEY: honey adds a touch of sweetness. Use local honey if possible
- RICE VINEGAR: for the dressing
- GARLIC: garlic cloves, chopped (for the dressing)
- THYME: fresh thyme sprigs
- OLIVE OIL: use the best quality extra virgin olive oil you can afford
- SALT & PEPPER: to taste
*see recipe card for quantities.
- MIX GREENS: Mix arugula and spring mix together and place in large mixing bowl.
- GRILL PEACHES: Cut peaches into 8 wedges. Brush with olive oil and place on hot grill. Grill on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- MAKE DRESSING: Take 2 of the peach wedges and smash in medium mixing bowl using a fork. Add garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, honey and thyme and whisk together. Continue whisking while slowly drizzling in the olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- DRESS THE SALAD: Drizzle dressing over salad greens, tossing while adding dressing.
- SERVE: Transfer to serving bowl and top with farro, radishes, almonds, goat cheese and peaches and enjoy.
Substitutions and Variations
- ALL ARUGULA: do you LOVE arugula (like we do)? Forgo the spring mix. The bitter bite of arugula tastes great with the sweet peaches.
- MORE FRUIT: top this salad with handfuls of blueberries or raspberries to add more complex flavor
- CHEESE SWAP: no goat cheese? Try feta cheese or blue cheese
- ADD PROTEIN: slices of marinated grilled chicken is the perfect addition
- NUTS: substitute walnuts, pecans or pine nuts for almonds.
For extra flavor, toast the almonds before adding them to the salad.
- Store peach salad (without dressing) in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Store dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Shake before using
- Once salad is dressed it cannot be stored for long, as the ingredients become soggy
More summer salads
- Crunchy Asian Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Watermelon Salad with Feta
- Veggie Coleslaw (no mayo coleslaw)
- Lemon Kale Salad
Yes. But we really like the homemade vinaigrette because it is made with fresh ingredients. If you want to use store-bought dressing, we recommend something sweet like a raspberry vinaigrette, balsamic vinaigrette, or poppy seed dressing.
Cut and grill the peaches right before you are ready to serve the salad. If you need to cut them sooner, toss them in lemon juice to keep them from browning.
Yes. Cook the farrow and toast the almonds the night before. All of the other ingredients can be assembled rather quickly.
🍅 Making this recipe?
- Please feel free to reach out with questions. We're happy to help.
- If you enjoyed it, please leave us a comment with ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
FOR THE SALAD:
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 2 cups spring mix
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 2 fresh peaches
- ½ cup sliced radishes
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Juice from one Lemon
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Mix arugula and spring mix together and place in large mixing bowl.
- Cut peaches into 8 wedges. Brush with olive oil and place on hot grill. Grill on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Take 2 of the wedges and smash in medium mixing bowl using a fork. Add garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, honey and thyme and whisk together.
- Continue whisking while slowly drizzling in the olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over salad greens, tossing while adding dressing.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with farro, radishes, almonds, goat cheese and peaches and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 Cups
- Calories: 575
- Sugar: 26.7 g
- Sodium: 628.9 mg
- Fat: 35.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 65.1 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 3.3 mg
Keywords: salad, vegetarian, arugula, peach, grilled, farro, fall, summer