Tricolor Balsamic Carrots are a sweet and light side dish that complement any entrée.
One of the fun challenges creating recipes for us is to determine what to make and when to make it. We try to separate posting recipes by colors, recipe types, and seasonal tastes. We also look for inspiration in many ways: eating out (which is my favorite), looking in magazines, and searching the web. Our goal is to make every recipe simple, taste good and look amazing.
These Tricolor Balsamic Carrots meet all the superman cooks standards. They are simple, delicious and colorful. The inspiration, however, escapes me. The finished product is beautiful to look at it tastes great. We started with a tricolor carrot blend we purchased at a local market. The key is to use a white balsamic vinegar. Regular white vinegar will work, but it will not give you the same deep rich flavor the balsamic does.
We served these carrots with a nice, flaky pan-seared fish and it was amazing. Now we didn't eat all the dish we prepared, so I saved the leftovers in the refrigerator. Later that night I got the munchies and reached in and started eating the carrots cold. Wow! They were great. My suggestion would be to prepare a few extra and use the next day served with a light salad or simply as a mid-day snack.
A vegetarian side dish that sings! Tricolor Balsamic Carrots are a vibrant & colorful addition to any meal, for the holidays or any day of the week.A side dish that complements many entrées perfectly, including fish, chicken and beef.
- 1 lb of tricolor carrots, cut into 4 inch strips.
- 1/2 C white balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- (These can be prepared the day before and roasted just before serving)
- Place carrots in shallow dish. Cover with vinegar and garlic cloves and allow to set for at least 30 minutes (up to over night).
- Remove from pan and place carrots on baking sheet. Place in oven for 12-15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- When the carrots are done, remove from oven. Place on serving plate and squeeze fresh lemon juice over them. Garnish with fresh chives.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: vegetarian, carrots, vegetable, balsamic, vinegar, Easter, holiday